Monday, January 25, 2010

My Dress for Stella

So I decided that I wanted to start a new sewing project. It was raining last week so I wanted to stay in and work on a project. I do already have about 10 projects in my project closet but none of those would do. I recently discovered that they have fabric at Scrapbooks etc now and it is so cute. I decided that I wanted to make little girl dresses. Go figure as I have no children and no nieces but I do have lots of friends that have them. So I asked my good friend Kiley if her little girl could be my model because I knew she would be honest with me and we would still be friends if it didn't work out so well. Well what do you think? Isn't my model the cutest? Can't wait to start on my next one. Any requests?

11 comments:

Angie Milne said...

oh my heck tawn, that is SO cute! wow teach me your sewing skills, you are awesome! that stella is freaking adorable!

Adele said...

That is adorable... I found out Scrapbooks had fabric too and it is so cute. I wanted to do a project from there too. We should get together and craft sometime. That would be so fun! And you should definately go to Let's Make a Deal. It was a lot of fun. We are planning on going again. You should come with us.

Mauzy Fam said...

Oh my gosh - that is SO CUTE!! Makes me wish I had a girl for you to make one for. I LOVE IT!! You've certainly got talent.

Matt and Megan said...

Oh my TAWNA that is so cute!!! I want one!! Is that smiley Kileys little girl??

Danie Rae Whatcott said...

I LOVE IT!!! I gotta say...pure talent!! cant wait till I have a baby girl :) haha

mindi said...

Love it! It turned out so cute! Nice job on your first dress!

Heather K said...

So cute! You are talented!

Boston Paynes said...

Way super cute !!! Tawna you are so talented. Are you going to start selling them?

Jen & Blake said...

Super cute!!! You are so talented, I love it:) I am going to have to go there and check it out. I hope that you are doing great:) Happy 2010!!

Angie Milne said...

"Some church members may feel weighed down with discouragement about the circumstances of their personal lives, even when they are making sustained and admirable efforts. Frequently, these feelings of self-disappointment come not from wrongdoing, but from stresses and troubles for which we may not be fully to blame. The Atonement of Jesus Christ applies to these experiences because it applies to all of life. The Savior CAN wipe away ALL of our tears, after all we can do...
The Savior's atonement is.. the healing power not only for sin, it's not just for sinners."
-Bruce C. Hasfen

Martha said...

TAWNA! I was just blog glancing today and got caught up on yours. I can't believe how adorable that dress is!! Could I hire you to make one for my Molly? She's wears a size 5T and her birthday is July 7th. What would you charge? I'm sad I missed the breakfast the other day. Hope to see you soon!