Saturday, August 29, 2009

Uncovered Blessings

Many Adventure's at RME











You know I look back on my life sometimes and I see things that have truly shaped who I am today both good and bad. I try not to get to caught up in some of my dumb choices and focus on the positive. I have worked at RME now for 7 years and it has truly been a great blessing in my life. These past 7 years have been a very difficult time in my personal live. I have struggled with the church and knowing exactly who I am and where I fit in. I have been learning to live with some disappointments that I never expected to live with. But through all these times I have had a truly great place go to. Most of us who have to work tend to spend a lot of time there whether by choice or by need. I have 2 wonderful active members of the church as my bosses. They both show in everyday actions there love and desire to serve the Lord and have truly been a great example to me. Another, one of the things that I am truly grateful for is the different co-workers that I have had. I have watched many come and go and many of them have been great examples to me in my life.(and still are) They haven't judged me but have listened and been supportive through there actions and friendship. They have been my support and connection to the church these last few years as I have made a personal choice to keep my distance. They have helped me over come bitterness and learn to look once again to the Savior, the atonement and the gospel for answers. When my faith has been truly shaken they that helped me see that our Heavenly Father is looking out for me and loves me as an individual. This has ended up a lot more personal that I have first intended but felt that I needed to express how thankful I am for such a great blessing in my life and the many wonderful friends that I have around me.

Me, Jenny and Christy


Jenny one of these amazing people that I have been talking about has moved on to a new adventure in her life. Most of the others that have left have stayed close by and I have been able to see them from time to time. I wanted to say good luck to her and Chris on their move to California for dental school. Jenny you are a wonderful and true friend and I feel blessed to have had you around these last few years. Thank you for all you have done for me and don't for get to call me when you are in town so that we can meet up for a strawberry cupcake at sprinkles!!!!

P.S. Good luck at USC (Go UofA)

6 comments:

B & Shanni Boyd said...

i love you tawna!:)

Therena Taylor & Family said...

As hard as it was sometimes, I still really miss working there!!! And seeing you everyday!! But you're going to have to remind me what the heck we were doing in that picture, because I can't remember for the life of me!!!

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

Thanks Miss Tamera!!! That was so sweet! I'm glad I have you as friend as well! : ) Chris was laughing hysterically at the go UofA side note! Strawberry Sprinkles for sure!!!!!

Jen & Blake said...

Thanks for sharing!! I think about you often and am glad to hear what's been going on. You have an amazing work place, and you add to that amazing-ness too! LOVE the puppy, I think he's adorable and will be awesome! My parent's dog is part shitzu(sp) and he's been a great dog:) xoxo

Heather K said...

Tawna what a truly heartfelt personal post. I hope you always know that our family love love loves your guts! Miss ya!

5 Frogs and a Princess said...

Hey Stranger! I'm with you all the way on this post! I loved my time and RME and count it as one of my greatest blessings! Dr F and Dr H as well as their wives are truly amazing people. Even though I was there for such a short time and have been gone a while now the memories there with you, the Dr's, and various girls/women are in my heart forever!