Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Interesting afternoon


So Christy from my work was talking about an advanced screening of the movie eclipse for today at 5:00 and she asked me if I wanted to come. Well I'm off to Lake Powell on Friday so I know that my week was only going to get busier so I thought what the heck, I'm in. Now I promise that am not a crazy Twilight groupie. I fact I had no idea what I was getting myself into. As I arrive at the theater there are people lined up for the midnight showing - its 4:30 in the afternoon - in Arizona - at the outside mall - its 110 degrees. Mind you I thought surely these people can't be waiting for the midnight showing. All the Edward, Jacob t-shirt confirmed that it was true. And just so you know it was pure madness inside. After I found Christy I said "I had NO idea" I think we were both a little speechless. (I think I could have sold my ticket for some serious money) Anyways in we went to our seats. First time Jacob came on with no shirt the theater fill with giggling screaming girls. - most over 20 years old - Seriously who knew? I actually really enjoyed the movie. (and the experience) As I started my quest to my car I walked by the same people sitting in line and thought they really are crazy!! It was a fun afternoon and I'm glad I went. Thanks Christy for inviting me.

No comments: