Thursday, January 17, 2008

ADJUSTMENT

Today I had an appointment to see my orthodontist which is Stuart Frost. My last appointment I has a little bit of gum trimming which wasn't bad at all and I had almost no soreness after the first few days. Well today Dr. Frost asked me how I was doing with my soreness I said "I'm actually not have any, these last few weeks have been great." I learn that maybe next time I won't be as enthusiastic about my answer. After 12 hour I hurt pretty bad. I know it is kind of weird but after my adjustments I live on Macaroni and Cheese. I thought I would branch out from the KRAFT brand and try to make my own.


Tillamook Macaroni & Cheese




Description: One bite of this creamy, cheesy concoction and you’ll never go back to boxed! Look for it to move to the top of your kids’ favorites list.

Ingredients:1 8-ounce package elbow macaroni
1/4 cup Tillamook® Butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper 2 cups milk
2 1/2 cups Tillamook® Shredded Medium Cheddar Cheese

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook macaroni per package directions, drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and bring to a boil while continuously stirring. Reduce heat and simmer for one minute. Remove from heat.
Stir in 2 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese and the macaroni. Pour into a 1 1-2 quart casserole, and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is golden-brown.
Makes 4 to 6 servings



I will let you know how it turns out!!


P.S. Tillamook was my first area on my mission in Oregon. I loved this area and I love there dairy products. Right now you can only get cheese and butter in Arizona and there is nothing better. However if you ever visit the Northwest you have to try Tillamook Brown Cow Ice Cream. YUMMY!!!

3 comments:

Mauzy Fam said...

Okay - this is so funny!! I'll tell you why! I have this EXACT recipe and make it all the time. Jordan (as you know) served in Oregon too and has a thing for Tillamook stuff - he really wants the ice cream but can't find it at any store. Anyway, one day he looked online for Tillamook stuff and found a bunch of recipes. This is one we found together and I decided to try it out. I'm probably a bad guy for doing this, but I never use Tillamook cheese. Just whatever is cheapest at the store and in my fridge. It's GOOD though! My kids love it!! I'm sure it would be even better if I used the tillamook.

Lisa said...

Ok well we were on the internet at the same time, so by the time my comment posted you had already made a new post. So anyway, I left a comment on your last post. If your like me you never check your old posts for new comments so I thought I better do another one just in case. :)
Lisa (Allred)

Becky said...

My friend turned me on to Tillamook cheese and now I can't eat any other brand.